
Indonesian Paradise: Score a 2BR Puri Mas Gem in Surabaya!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Indonesian Paradise: Score a 2BR Puri Mas Gem in Surabaya! and I'm gonna tell you exactly what's what. Forget those sterile, perfectly-packaged reviews. This is the real deal. I’m talking honest-to-goodness, “did I pack enough sunscreen?” kind of review.
First Impressions (and Maybe a Little Panic)
So, Surabaya. Never been. Indonesian Paradise. Sounds… well, paradisiacal, right? Okay, hold the tropical drinks for a sec. Finding the place wasn't the easiest. The accessibility aspect… let’s just say Google Maps occasionally led me on a tour of some questionable alleyways. Not a great start for a review about accessibility! (More on that later). But finally, finally, I saw the sign. Puri Mas Gem, baby! And immediately I remembered I had booked a 2BR – score!
Accessibility: The Good, the Bad, and the “Hmm…”
Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I can appreciate a place that caters to everyone. This is where things get a little… mixed. Getting to the hotel? A slight adventure depending on your chosen mode of transport. The “Airport Transfer” is your best bet, and thank goodness for it after the alleyway incident.
Inside? Elevators were present, which is a HUGE plus. I'm not a fan of climbing stairs after a long flight. (Seriously, the elevator gets a gold star – it's those little things!) Didn't spot any obvious ramps at the front door on arrival, but the corridors and general layout seemed pretty navigable. I’m sure there are facilities for disabled guests: they mention it, so… I’m hoping they're up to snuff. I hope they’re up to snuff, because that's super important to me and to a lot of people, and these places have to get it right!
On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Gotta Eat!
Speaking of food, I’m a food person, and this is crucial! The website mentions restaurants. I saw one… maybe two, maybe three? (My memory is a little hazy, honestly; jet lag is a beast). I can't comment on the details of accessibility within the individual dining areas themselves. But the good news is there's stuff! Food is critical!
Internet: The Lifeline (and How It Saved My Sanity)
Okay, let's talk internet. In this day and age, it’s not a luxury; it's a necessity. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Hallelujah! And it worked. Well, most of the time. Mostly. There was one weird moment where I thought I'd entered some zone where my phone was dead, but it was just the WiFi. It was spotty a couple of times, but you get LAN, so it's all good.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Time for Some Zen (Or At Least an Attempt)
This is where things got interesting. I'm not going to lie, I was looking to relax. The hotel brags about a Pool with a View, a Spa, a Sauna, a Steam Room, Massages, and a Fitness Center. So, I was in heaven.
The Pool? Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. That view? Breathtaking. I spent an entire afternoon just floating, questioning all my life choices. And the happy hour at the poolside bar? Let’s just say I might have forgotten the name of my room for a little while.
The Spa? That was a different story. I’m not going to give you all the nitty-gritty (body scrubs, body wraps, etc.), but I will say… the massage was… intense. In a good way. I mean, my masseuse, bless her heart, must have thought I was made of knots. I think she might have single-handedly untangled my entire nervous system. Afterward, I emerged feeling like a limp noodle, but a REALLY relaxed limp noodle. And no, I did not try the steamroom. I'm a sauna gal, and the sauna, oh the sauna, was the answer to my tired soul.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind (Especially These Days)
Okay, let’s get serious for a minute. This is huge, especially in the current climate. And honestly, I was impressed. The hotel really seems to take cleanliness seriously.
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? Check.
- Staff trained in safety protocol? Check.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check.
I saw staff wiping things down constantly. The whole place felt… safe. They even have “Room sanitization opt-out available”. Wow! Well done, Puri Mas Gem.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Belly (and My Wallet) Approves!
Okay, food again. Because duh. And this time, it was a bit of a roller coaster.
- Breakfast Buffet: The Asian breakfast was okay, and there was a decent Western breakfast too, I ate a LOT of sausages.
- A la Carte Menu: I tried the “A la carte in restaurant” at lunch, no problems to be expected.
- Restaurants: They had several. And I loved the “Poolside Bar”!
My budget was fine, I felt.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
From a traveler's perspective, this is where you see the hotel’s personality.
- 24-hour front desk and room service? YES! Because midnight snack cravings are real.
- Dry cleaning and laundry service? Thank goodness for a working ironing service!
- Currency Exchange? Convenient!
- Concierge service? Very helpful.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Vibes?
I didn’t have kids with me, but the hotel mentions things like babysitting, kids facilities and kids meal. It seemed like they are trying to cater to families. A good thing to see.
Getting Around: Navigating Surabaya
- Airport transfer: Worth every penny, trust me!
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: Bonus!
- Taxi Service: Easily available
Available in All Rooms: What Was in My Room? (And Why It Matters!)
So, my 2BR was… spacious. That's a good start.
- Air conditioning: Crucial!
- Bathtub/Separate shower: Ahhh, blissful.
- Coffee/tea maker: Essential for this coffee fiend.
- Free bottled water?: Always welcome!
- Hair dryer: Yes! Saved me from looking like a drowned rat.
- In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
- Refrigerator: Cold water, always.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Of course!
- Slippers & Bathrobes: Added a touch of luxury.
The Unfiltered Verdict: Should You Book It?
Okay, here's the brutal truth: The Indonesian Paradise: Score a 2BR Puri Mas Gem in Surabaya! is a solid choice. But.
- Pros: Great pools, nice rooms, generally clean, very good on the security-cleanliness-safety side, good amenities, good value. Friendly staff.
- Cons: Internet was spotty. Some accessibility issues, but mostly manageable.
Final Grade: B+ - Overall, I'd recommend it with a hearty recommendation. If you are looking for a peaceful stay, or if you are looking to relax, and you get that great 2-BR, then just do it.
NOW, LET'S TALK ABOUT AN OFFER THAT'LL MAKE YOU CLICK "BOOK NOW!"
Exclusive Offer for My Loyal Readers (That's You!):
Book your stay with code "SURABAYA_RELAX" and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink at the Poolside Bar. (Trust me, you'll need it after your flight.)
- A 10% discount on spa treatments. Unwind and rejuvenate!
- Free late check-out (subject to availability). Because who wants to rush when they're finally relaxed?
But Hurry! This Offer Won't Last Forever!
Don't miss out on your chance to experience a slice of paradise! Click the link below, enter the code "SURABAYA_RELAX," and get ready for your Surabaya adventure.
[Link to Book Puri Mas Gem]
Go on. You deserve it. And tell 'em I sent ya! Enjoy your stay. This is one of the best Hotels and places in Surabaya. You can get the 2BR, which is an AMAZING deal. Go!
Nanjing Luxury: Uncover the Central Hotel's Hidden Gems
Okay, buckle up buttercups. This Surabaya trip? It's gonna be a ride. I'm calling it: "Surabaya: Spicy Sambal and Unexpected Adventures (Probably Involving Lost Luggage)"
Day 1: Arrival – The Great Surabaya Swelter & "Comfy" Chaos
- Morning (7:00 AM Surabaya Time, after a red-eye flight from somewhere I was definitely too tired for…): Landed. Surabaya greeted me with a wall of humidity. Seriously, I swear I could feel my hair frizzing before I even hit the baggage claim. Found the Grab driver. He cranked the AC to Arctic levels, which was a small mercy.
- Mid-Morning (8:00 AM): The "Best Deal and Comfy 2BR at Puri Mas By Travelio." Right. "Comfy" is subjective, people. It was… compact. Let's say "efficiently arranged." Found the keys with a bit of a struggle – the instructions were a glorious mess of Google Translate and frantic emojis. The aircon was on. The TV was not (immediately). Minor crisis averted with a strong coffee.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM): The great unpacked bag of the world. Realized I left my favorite travel pillow on the plane. Okay. Deep breaths. Then, a minor freakout about the lack of decent coffee situation in the apartment. Needed to fix this. Quickly.
- Late Morning (11:00 AM): Found a local warung (small restaurant) for lunch. Gado-Gado (vegetables and sauce) was divine. The chili? Whoa. My tongue is still recovering. The local people were really friendly, even when I attempted to butchering Indonesian.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): The internet situation in the apartment was… patchy. Let me rephrase: it's currently dial-up in the digital age. This means I am currently more connected to the outside world… via postcards.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Walk down the street with a goal to find a place with decent coffee. Got a little lost. Admired the street art. Saw a cat sleeping on a motorbike. That's Surabaya. I love that.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): SUCCESS! Found a café. The flat white was acceptable, and the WiFi (thank God) worked. Sent frantic messages home to let everyone know I hadn't been swallowed by a crocodile, or worse, lost my sanity.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at a local seafood place. The grilled fish? Amazing. The tiny, plastic stool I sat on? Less so. I seriously thought I was going to topple over at one point. Nearly ate a whole plate of grilled fish.
- Night (8:00 PM): Back to the "comfy" apartment. Attempting (and failing) to organize my things. The lighting situation is… dim. My brain is slowly adjusting.
- Night (9:00 PM): Slept.
Day 2: Markets, Malls, and Maybe A Cultural Awakening (Or Not)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up a sweat. Surabaya's humidity is a beast.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast at a Warung nearby. So good.
- Morning (9:00 AM): The market. Pasar Atom. A total sensory overload. The colors! The smells! The sheer volume of people! I wanted to buy everything (mostly the cute little straw hats). Instead, I bargained (badly) for a souvenir. I’m now the proud owner of a batik shirt that probably clashes with everything I own.
- Mid-Morning (11:00 AM): Attempted to visit the House of Sampoerna (a tobacco factory). Unfortunately, it was closed. Massive disappointment. I mean, I wanted to see a giant tobacco warehouse.
- Mid-Day (12:00 PM): Went to Tunjungan Plaza. A giant mall. Felt a bit like being back home, only with more… things. Ate some fried chicken. It was pretty good.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): The monument. It's a huge structure, but honestly, after a while, all monuments start blending into each other. Still, the people coming there were very friendly. I think they were amused by my attempts to communicate with them.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): The heat began to get to me again. Found a small park and people-watched on a bench.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at a rather nice restaurant (Yay! Air conditioning!). Ordered some type of local dish I couldn't pronounce, and it was magnificent.
- Evening (8:00 PM): Back to the "comfy" apartment to begin packing. The feeling of impending doom is palpable.
Day 3: The Goodbye & The Long Journey Home (Pray for Me)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up. Slowly packed. Tried to find that travel pillow. It’s lost.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast at a Warung. Was the best.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Checkout from the apartment (which surprisingly went smoothly).
- Morning (10:00 AM): The airport. Goodbye, Surabaya! You were… an experience.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): The flight. I'm writing this from the plane. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm vaguely thrilled and a little bit relieved to be going home.
- The rest of the day: The flight home. The long journey. The unpacking. The laundry. The stories to tell. The inevitable vacation blues setting. But Surabaya? You'll stay with me, even if the only real thing I remember is how much the heat got to me!
Things I Learnt:
- Bargain aggressively (or just give up and pay the price the first time).
- Embrace the humidity.
- Indonesian coffee isn't always the best, but the Warung life is awesome.
- Pack earplugs (for the mosques).
- Buy a phone adapter before you go.
- Say yes to everything!
- And always, always carry snacks.

Indonesian Paradise: Score a 2BR Puri Mas Gem in Surabaya! - FAQ (with a whole lotta *feelings*)
So, Puri Mas in Surabaya... Is it *actually* paradise, or just another apartment block?
What's the deal with the location? Is it actually convenient?
Okay, the 2BR. Space-wise, how does it *actually* feel? The photos are always deceptive!
What can you *actually* expect in terms of amenities? (The pool looks so inviting!)
Rent or Buy? What's the deal with the costs? And can this actually save me money?
Any tips for finding a good unit, and avoiding the "bad" ones? Tell me the *realStay By City

