
KL East Mall GEM! Stunning 2-Room Mountain View Apartment - NEW!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic world of KL East Mall GEM! Stunning 2-Room Mountain View Apartment - NEW! I've just clawed my way out of a stay there, and let me tell you, I’m still mentally unpacking. This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review, folks. This is the unfiltered, slightly manic journey of a person who just experienced KL East Mall GEM.
First Impressions: Arrival and the Mountain View (YES, REALLY!)
Getting there? Accessibility? Okay, let's be real, I'm a bit of a klutz. I've tripped over air before. But finding the place was surprisingly painless. Yeah, the car park [free of charge] was a lifesaver, and I even saw car power charging station, which is a huge bonus in today's world (go green, people!). Now, the "Stunning Mountain View" – I scoffed. Mountain View? In Kuala Lumpur? But GUESS WHAT? It's true. The first thing that hit me, before the crisp air-conditioning (bless!), was the view. Seriously stunning. I mean, I spent a solid hour just staring out the [window that opens], feeling utterly zen. My inner child was giddy with excitement. You can even spot the KL Tower in the distance. Now, if you're not a fan of heights, maybe a non-smoking room on a high floor isn't for you… but for me? Perfect.
Accessibility: Navigating the Maze (Mostly Smooth Sailing)
Okay, let’s talk brass tacks. Being “accessible” is a big phrase, and I'm not personally in a wheelchair, but I was paying attention. The elevator was a Godsend. The facilities for disabled guests seemed thoughtfully planned. Honestly, I didn't see any major accessibility issues. It felt like they’d actually thought about people's needs, which is always a win.
Cleanliness and Safety: Germaphobe Approved (Mostly)
Alright, let's get to the juicy stuff – cleanliness. After the year we've all had, this is a major concern. The anti-viral cleaning products were a good start – I actually saw staff using them around the place. They REALLY are serious about their daily disinfection in common areas, and all the rooms are sanitized between stays. I mean, they claim to use professional-grade sanitizing services! The room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch, cause sometimes you want the full hotel experience, and sometimes you just wanna be left the hell alone.
Inside the room the hand sanitizer was a welcome touch, the bathrooms and sanitized kitchen and tableware items, were very clean, and I saw the staff wearing masks everywhere. Plus, they have staff trained in safety protocol – everyone seemed to know the drill. The breakfast takeaway service in the morning was wonderful!
Rooms: Where the Magic Happens (and where you sleep!)
My 2-room apartment was pretty fab. Air conditioning was the hero. Free Wi-Fi was strong and reliable (thank the gods!). The extra long bed was a dream. The bathtub? Bliss. I spent a solid 30 minutes just soaking, pretending to be a mermaid, while watching satellite/cable channels. The daily housekeeping was on point, everything was fresh, clean and the people were lovely.
I also loved the little touches: bathrobes, complimentary tea, the coffee/tea maker, the slippers, free bottled water… It made me feel pampered. Especially useful was an ironing service, cause I always look like a crumpled mess on arrival.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Adventure
Alright, food! Let's be honest, a bad hotel dining experience can ruin a whole trip. The Asian breakfast was legit (hello, Nasi Lemak!), and I had some amazing coffee at the coffee shop, the room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver one night when my travel companion came down with a cold. The poolside bar had a fantastic atmosphere.
I loved that there was a convenience store for grabbing snacks, and bottle of water everywhere. I did not try the salad or soup in restaurant, or the desserts in restaurant.
Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone?
Oh. My. God. The spa/sauna situation. Pure, unadulterated bliss. I spent an afternoon floating between the sauna and the steamroom, alternating between the pool with view and a fluffy robe. They have a whole host of body scrub and body wrap treatments. The massage was heavenly. I may have fallen asleep. No regrets.
Stuff to DO (Besides Lounging by the Pool)
I didn't venture out too much, because the spa was just too tempting, but there were meeting/banquet facilities (seemed great for a conference), a gift/souvenir shop I did not get into, and a shrine in a corner. Maybe for a bit religious visitor.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Daily housekeeping, doorman, concierge, and luggage storage – the usual suspects, all executed with a smile. I was also delighted to find essential condiments, and ironing facilities, and safety deposit boxes.
For the Kids: Family Fun (ish)
I did not see any babysitting service, nor any of the other services related to kids.
The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, real talk. Nothing's perfect. While the staff were lovely, I did have one minor blip: the hairdryer in my room was a bit temperamental. The soundproofing, while generally great, struggled a little with the distant roar of traffic at night. And remember that mountain view? It came with a bit of a journey to get to the nearest public transport (but hey, that's why they have taxi service and airport transfer, right?).
My Overall Verdict: Book It! (with a caveat or two)
Look, this place is a gem BUT… I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing getaway with a killer view, a great spa, and a comfortable stay, especially with the air conditioning in public area. It's perfect for:
- People who love to pamper themselves.
- Anyone who appreciates a good view.
- Those prioritizing cleanliness and safety.
It's perfect for a couple seeking a relaxing time, or a single person who wants to be left alone.
The Offer: Your Escape Awaits!
Here's the deal: Book your stay at KL East Mall GEM! Stunning 2-Room Mountain View Apartment - NEW! and get:
- A complimentary welcome drink at the poolside bar.
- 10% off all spa treatments.
- Guaranteed upgrade (subject to availability).
- A chance to get away from it all!
Click here to book and start dreaming of your mountain view escape! (I really recommend this.)
Luxury Hamburg Escape: Leonardo Hotel Altona Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a glorious, chaotic adventure in Kuala Lumpur – starting from, wait for it, a new 2-room apartment in KL East Mall! Seriously, the "new" thing gets me every time. I'm such a sucker for fresh paint.
KL East Mall & Beyond: A Kuala Lumpur Comedy of Errors (and Delicious Food)
(Day 1: Arrival & the Quest for Decent Coffee)
- Morning (or What Passes for It After a Red-Eye): Landed at KLIA. Ugh, airports. The smell of stale air and confused tourists, a symphony of dragging luggage wheels… and the humidity. Okay, deep breaths. First mission: find a decent taxi. After some haggling (my negotiation skills are rusty, apparently; ended up paying a bit more than I wanted), we're zooming towards that shiny new apartment. Driving in Malaysia is an experience in itself - a ballet of horns, near misses, and sheer, unadulterated speed.
- Mid-day Madness: Finally, the apartment! Honestly, it's pretty darn nice. Spotless, modern, a tiny balcony that overlooks… well, something. I'm still trying to figure out what. But hey, two rooms! Luxury! Except… the coffee situation. Disaster. Turns out, the in-apartment coffee maker is, shall we say, temperamental. It’s like it's offended by the very concept of caffeine. So, panic sets in. Coffee is a need, people. A life-or-death situation.
- Afternoon Adventure: We stumble, bleary-eyed, into KL East Mall itself. Wow. This place is massive. So many shops, so many… things. The food court is a sensory overload (in a good way!). We are lured into the land of Nasi Lemak. Let’s be honest, I’ve eaten more rice than a royal wedding guest in the last hour. And the taste? Heavenly. Seriously, if you haven’t had KL Nasi Lemak, you haven’t lived. We even buy a second helping. No regrets.
- Evening Debacle: After gorging, we attempt to navigate the mall. My sense of direction is… optimistic at best. Got wildly lost. Ended up in a kids' toy store. Very tempted to buy a lightsaber. Control yourself, brain. By the time we make it back to the apartment, it's collapse-on-the-couch time, fueled only by that first (and only!) cup of barely-drinkable apartment coffee.
(Day 2: Culture Shock & Unforeseen Culinary Terrors)
Morning Misadventures: Determined to conquer the coffee crisis, we venture out. After a struggle through the morning heat and humidity and finding ourselves back at the mall, we succeed! A proper café, with proper coffee. Hallelujah! Now, fueled by actual caffeine, we decide to get our culture on.
Mid-day Exploration: We plan a visit to the Batu Caves. Pictures don't do it justice. The sheer scale of the place… the colorful steps… the cheeky monkeys eyeing your belongings. Oh, the monkeys! They are magnificent little kleptomaniacs. Seriously, hide your snacks. Or, you know, just let them have it. They're probably better at eating them than you are.
And the climb! The steps are steeper than they look. We made it to the top, covered in sweat and slightly out of breath, but the view from the top, inside the temple, is stunning. Worth every aching muscle.
Afternoon Fiasco: Remember how I said I love trying new things? That also means I sometimes make questionable decisions when it comes to food. After the Batu Caves, we decided to try… street food. I’d heard about this weird dessert, called Apam Balik. Looked innocent enough. It’s a pancake-type thing, stuffed with peanuts and sugar. It’s cooked on a giant griddle on the side of the road. Sounds good, right?
- Warning: Graphic Food Content Ahead: I took a bite. My mouth exploded. Not in a good way. Imagine the texture of… I don’t even know. It was too sweet, somehow both undercooked and overcooked, and the peanuts were… well, let's just say I've had better. I ate a quarter of it and then discreetly ditched the rest in a nearby bin. I'm still haunted by the memory.
Evening Redemption: But, all wasn’t lost! After the Apam Balik incident, we needed something to cleanse the palate and we return to Nasi Lemak. Comfort food, for the win!
(Day 3: Urban Jungle & Departure Anxiety)
- Morning Calm (or Attempt Thereof): After the Apam Balik incident, we wake up slower this morning. We decide to enjoy the peace of the (relative) quiet of the apartment, savouring a second cup of (decent) coffee we managed to find.
- Mid-day Madness Redux: We decide to wander the KLCC Park, right at the base of the Petronas Towers! Those towers, though! They dominate the skyline. The park is lush and green, a welcome respite from the concrete jungle. The fountain show is… well, it's a fountain show. Okay, maybe I’m not so impressed with fountains.
- Afternoon Panic & Regret: Oh no. Our flight is coming up. The dreaded packing commences. I crammed the same clothes I wore for 3 days back in my suitcase. I've spent so much time being an amazing tourist that I now have ZERO time to do the shopping I said I would.
- Evening Emotional Breakdown:
- The Good: We actually got to see KL! And that Nasi Lemak… swoon.
- The Bad: Apam Balik. Still. Haunting.
- The Ugly: I'm already planning my return. There's so much more to see, so much more food to try (carefully!), so many more places to get ridiculously lost.
Final Thoughts:
KL East Mall NEW!! Kuala Lumpur, you beautiful, chaotic, delicious mess. You've charmed me. I'll be back. And next time? More Nasi Lemak, less pastry-related trauma. I'm still not sure about the apartment view, though. What is out there anyway.
Putri Homestay: Your Dream Kota Bharu Getaway Awaits!
So, what EXACTLY is this "KL East Mall GEM"? Is it… like, a diamond? Because I'm picturing a giant, sparkling apartment block.
Okay, so, no, it’s not literally a diamond. Although, the price *might* make you feel like you're buying something precious. "GEM" is their fancy marketing acronym for the apartment. Think "Gorgeous, Exquisite, Majestic" or maybe even "Get Excited, Moron!" (Just kidding… mostly.) It’s the name of the development itself, conveniently located (supposedly) near the KL East Mall. The "Stunning 2-Room Mountain View Apartment" part is, well, the actual thing we’re talking about. And NEW! is, hopefully, actually true (fingers crossed for no leaky faucets!).
Alright, alright, mountain view… is it *really* a mountain view? Because I've been burned before by "ocean views" that were just… roof views.
THIS, my friends, is the million-dollar question (or, you know, the multi-hundred-thousand dollar question). Look, I haven’t seen it in person, okay? I’m just reading the ad like you are! But the pictures… the pictures *look* promising. You see lush greenery, and then… mountains. Real mountains, not just the gentle hills of… well, I've lived in places where they call those "mountains." The kind you could trip over and call a mountain.
My advice? Go see it. Seriously. Don’t just take their word for it. Demand pictures from the balcony. Ask about the orientation. Because a "mountain view" can quickly turn into a "mountain-adjacent-sort-of-but-mostly-a-tree-view." And trust me, after the last apartment I got, the "city view" turned out to be the back of a sewage treatment plant, I am *extremely* skeptical. I'm holding my breath until I see it.
Two rooms? Is that going to be enough space? I've got… stuff. A lot of stuff.
Two rooms, eh? Depends on your life, my friend. If you're a minimalist who owns only a toothbrush and a dream of a clean countertop, then maybe. If you're like me, and your wardrobe is overflowing with "I might need this someday" items, then… probably not.
Consider this: One bedroom, one living area… and then the kitchen and bathroom. Where do you put the endless supply of Tupperware containers? Where’s the dedicated crafting corner for your glitter obsession? (Don't judge me!) Seriously though, think about your storage needs. Do you *really* need all those vintage board games? (Yes, yes, you do.) Maybe a storage unit is in your future alongside this potential paradise.
KL East Mall... is that a good mall? Because mall choices are CRUCIAL. (Especially for a foodie like me).
Okay, this is where things get a little dicey because I've never actually *been* to the KL East Mall. Don't judge! However, from what I gather… it's *there.* It exists. It's got a cinema and some shops. The Google reviews seem… mixed. Some people love it, some people think it's just… okay.
My gut feeling? It's probably a step up from, say, a strip mall with a laundromat. But don't expect the glitz and glam of, let's say, Pavilion. Do your research! Check out the mall's website, see what restaurants they have. Because, honestly, my happiness hinges on convenient access to good food. If there's a decent ramen place and a good coffee shop, I'm halfway there. If there isn't… well, maybe I'll have to order delivery. And then my life becomes... just sad. And that affects *everything*. So MALL FOOD. Very important.
"NEW!" is great and all, but what about the *catch*? There's always a catch, isn't there?!
Ah, the catch. The perpetual thorn in the side of anyone trying to find a decent place to live. Let's face it, "NEW!" doesn't always mean "perfect paradise."
Potential Catches, in no particular order:
- **The Price:** Let's be honest, "Stunning" and "New" usually equate to "Expensive." Are you prepared to re-evaluate your avocado toast budget?
- **The HOA/Maintenance Fees:** Ugh, the bane of my existence. They're going to be there, lurking, a constant drain on your precious funds. Find out how much, and what they cover. And then cry a little.
- **The Noise:** Is it right next to a busy road? Construction? Be prepared to learn the soothing sounds of jackhammers and car horns. Or, if you're lucky, chirping birds (but even those can get annoying after a while).
- **The Distance:** "Near KL East Mall" can be interpreted in many ways. Is it a 5-minute walk, or a 30-minute taxi ride through rush hour traffic? Location, location, location!
- **The Neighbors**: You never know who you're gonna get! Loud party animals, constant karaoke singers, or the dreaded "dog that barks all day" people. Ugh, the horrors!
- **The Tiny Details**: The number of outlets, the quality of appliances, the water pressure, are all crucial components.
Bottom line is, read the fine print. Question everything. And if something seems too good to be true… run. Or at least, proceed with extreme caution, my friend.
Okay, fine, I'm *interested*. How do I find out more?
Alright, you brave soul. You're ready to take the plunge? First, find the listing! Search online, contact the real estate agent, etc. Make sure you can actually get in touch with someone. Then, get ready for a whirlwind of questions, viewings, and a whole lot of emotional turmoil. Don’t forget to take pictures and videos. Seriously. After all this, good luck! You'll need it.

