Thailand's BEST Kept Secret: Korat Country Club Golf & Resort!

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Thailand's BEST Kept Secret: Korat Country Club Golf & Resort!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the "BEST Kept Secret" of Thailand: Korat Country Club Golf & Resort! Forget your fancy resorts, this is what happens when a golf course, a spa, and a whole lotta Thai hospitality have a baby. And let me tell you, it’s a beautiful, slightly quirky, and utterly relaxing baby. I'm not gonna lie; I'm slightly obsessed.

First Impressions - The Drive In & Accessibility (or, the Bit That Matters to Everybody, Especially Me!)

Getting there? Well, that depends. It's Korat, so you're not exactly stumbling out of Suvarnabhumi. You will need a car or arrange a transfer (more on that later). Accessibility? They’ve got it! Facilities for disabled guests, elevator. Front desk service is spot on, so even if you're not feeling your best they've got you. The exterior corridors are easy to navigate. Check-in/out[Check-in/out [express]] is available. Okay, so the drive in, it's pretty straightforward. This isn't some hidden Himalayan monastery; it's, you know, a nice drive through the Thai countryside. That being said, "accessibility" extends beyond just ramps and elevators, and Korat Country Club seems to get it.

Rooms & Relaxation - My Happy Place (and Yours Too, Probably)

Okay, let's talk rooms. They have EVERYTHING you could possibly want!

  • Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

My room… chef's kiss. I had a separate shower/bathtub. The bathrobes were plush (essential!), the blackout curtains are a lifesaver in Thailand, and the free Wi-Fi (in ALL rooms, people!) meant I could actually post those Insta-worthy sunset pics (which, let's be honest, is a critical part of any vacation). The in-room safe box is definitely a plus point. Also, I'm a sucker for a good mirror and the room had one – a big one.

Beyond the Room: Spa, Pool & Pure Bliss

This is where Korat Country Club really shines. Let’s get to the Spa/Sauna area.

  • Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]

They've got a Spa, and you're a fool if you don't book a treatment. Seriously. I got a massage that was so good, I’m pretty sure my muscles thanked me for it for a solid week. The sauna and steamroom are perfect for the pre-massage unwind, or for simply just relaxing. There’s a pool with a view (seriously, the golf course is gorgeous), AND an outdoor swimming pool.

The Fitness Center? It's there, if you're feeling ambitious. (I wasn’t. More spa, please!) The Gym/fitness is great.. The body wrap and body scrub, if you wish, everything you could imagine! I, however, was all about the foot bath and the massage.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Eat Your Heart Out (Literally, But in a Good Way!)

The food situation at Korat is far from just "okay." It's delicious, diverse, and surprisingly affordable.

  • Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant

I’m a big fan of a good buffet breakfast (shush, I’m on vacation!), and their Asian breakfast (soup, congee, and all the fixings) AND Western breakfast is fantastic. I particularly loved the selection of fresh fruit. They’ve got a restaurant with Asian Cuisine and International cuisine, AND a poolside bar for those sunset cocktails. The coffee shop is great for that afternoon pick-me-up. And of course, the Room service [24-hour].

Safety & Cleanliness - Peace of Mind is Priceless

This is important, and Korat does it right.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment

They're clearly taking hygiene seriously, which is absolutely crucial for a nice relaxing vacation! Anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff is well-trained on safety protocols. They have daily disinfection in common areas, which is pretty sweet. Rooms sanitized between stays – makes you feel safe.

Services & Conveniences - They've Thought of Everything!

You can do almost anything here, for better or worse!

  • Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

They’ve got a concierge who's always happy to help, daily housekeeping (which is a lifesaver), and even currency exchange. Now, for the golfer in you…there’s a gorgeous golf course!

For The Kids

  • For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal

They have babysitting as well as family-friendly experiences.

Getting Around

  • Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking

They have everything you need, it´s fantastic!

So, What's the Verdict?

Honestly? Book it. Korat Country Club Golf & Resort is a hidden gem. It's not perfect (no place is!), but it's got charm, character, and a level of service that makes you feel genuinely welcomed. This is the kind of place where you can truly switch off, relax, and recharge.

Here's the Deal You Can't Resist:

Introducing the "Korat Getaway Package" - Your Ultimate Relaxation Escape!

  • 3 Nights of Bliss: Cozy up in a deluxe room with included amenities.
  • Spa Dreams Realized: Get a complimentary 60-minute Thai massage for each adult.
  • Feast Like a King: Enjoy a delicious choice of meals.
  • Golf Nirvana (Optional): Score a special discount on green fees for a round of golf on their amazing course.
  • Insider Bonus: Free Wi-Fi, every room has it!
  • Extra Perks: Access to the pool, well-equipped gym, and all the goodies on offer.

Book now with code: "KoratSecret" and receive:

  • 10% off your entire stay!
  • Complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival!
  • Early check-in/Late check-out (subject to availability)!

This offer is available for a limited time only, so don't miss out! Click here to book your escape: [Insert Booking Link Here - *Make

Tadlo Lodge Beng Laos: Uncover Paradise in Laos' Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to plunge headfirst into my (slightly disastrous, probably alcohol-fueled) adventure at the Korat Country Club Golf and Resort in Nakhonratchasima, Thailand. Forget polished itineraries, we're going rogue. Prepare for a rollercoaster. And maybe some unexpected sunburn.

Day 1: Arrival and the "Almost Hole-in-One" Debacle

  • Morning (AKA When I Managed to Wake Up): Landed in Bangkok, survived the chaos of the airport (seriously, that mass of humanity!), and a blessedly air-conditioned taxi ride to the domestic terminal. Found a surprisingly decent pad thai during the layover - a good omen, I thought! Then, the smaller, more streamlined flight to Nakhonratchasima. Smug. Feeling good. Ready to conquer the golf course.
  • Afternoon (AKA "It's Hotter Than Satan's Armpit"): Arrived at Korat Country Club. The resort? Decent. The lobby? A little…dated. But hey, the pool looked inviting, and the staff were ridiculously polite. Checked into my room, which overlooked a lush green expanse of golf course. That's what I came for! Changed into my golf gear (yes, I actually own golf gear – mostly inherited from my uncle Barry) and hit the course.
  • Golfing Disaster (in slow motion): Okay, let's be honest. My golf game? Not pretty. I'd call it… "enthusiastic." My first few swings were less "driven ball" and more "flying divot." But then, on the 5th hole, something miraculous happened. I hit a beautiful, soaring shot! It landed…close. REALLY CLOSE. To the hole. My heart hammered. Everyone was silent. We walked up, and…it was about an inch away. An INCH! I almost had a heart attack. My friend, Mark, who's a terrible golfer, started laughing hysterically. I swear, the gods were toying with me. The rest of the round was, well, a return to the norm. Still, the view was amazing (especially after a few beers at the halfway house).
  • Evening (AKA "The Mosquito Wars"): Dinner at the resort restaurant. Food was okay, Thai-ish fusion. But the mosquitoes! My God, they were relentless! I swear, they could carry off small children. Swatted, sprayed, swore. Lost the battle. Went to bed itching and defeated.

Day 2: Culture, Curry, and a Catastrophe

  • Morning (AKA "Temple Time and Temples of My Patience"): This morning, I forced myself out of bed and went to take a look at the local temples. It was pretty impressive, all intricate carvings and golden details. The heat was brutal, however. I managed to take a whole half an hour, before I was back in air conditioning.
  • Afternoon (AKA "Curry Comeuppance"): Back at the resort and, craving a good Thai curry, I decided to test the limits of my taste buds. I went for the "spicy" option. Fool. It was beautiful, but also…incendiary. My mouth felt like it had been caught in a bonfire. Tears streamed down my face, I was beet red, and I think smoke was coming out of my ears. Lesson learned: always order the mildest option, even if it makes you look like a wimp.
  • Golfing Round Two (AKA "Accepting My Mediocrity"): Tried for another round of golf. Realized that I'm just…not a golfer. I spent half the time looking for my ball in the bushes. The other half trying to remember the rules. But hey, the sun was shining, the beer was cold (mostly), and I was outside. That's a win, right? Right?
  • Evening (AKA "The Great Room Service Crisis"): Ordered room service (because, duh, air conditioning). Mistake number one. The food was, to put it kindly, underwhelming. Mistake number two: I spilled a whole bottle of red wine on my pristine white shirt. The shirt, now a tie-dye masterpiece, is the victim of my clumsiness. I was feeling low, and the shirt was a disaster. I think Mark was laughing at me again.

Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Taste of Failure (and Curry)

  • Morning (AKA "Goodbye Gold Course"): Got up early. The golf course beckoned, but exhaustion called louder. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet (which, I have to admit, was pretty decent this morning!). The resort, in daylight, looked slightly less rundown.
  • Travel back home: Packed, checked out, and said goodbye to Khao Yai.
  • Reflections and Regrets: I didn't exactly conquer the golf course. I definitely didn't become a Thai food connoisseur. I lost a shirt, and probably a few brain cells. But, you know what? It was an experience. A messy, imperfect, hilariously human experience. That's what counts, right? Maybe next time, I'll actually learn how to golf. Or at least, how to handle spicy curry. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get back to Khao Yai.

So there you have it. My Korat Country Club adventure. Unfiltered, unedited, and probably a little bit embarrassing. But hey, at least it's honest. And, let's be honest, the memories will be far more entertaining than any perfectly curated Instagram post.

Dehradun's BEST Cinnamon: Where to Buy the Spiciest Sticks in India!

Book Now

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Hold Up! You Mean *THAT* Korat? All the Truth (and Maybe a Few Lies) About Korat Country Club Golf & Resort!

So, what *is* this "Korat Country Club" everybody's whispering about? Is it a secret society, or just…golf?

Alright, let’s clear this up. Korat Country Club Golf & Resort is, well, it's in Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima), Thailand. And yes, it very much focuses on the glorious game of golf. Think rolling hills, maybe a water hazard you’ll swear is *specifically* designed to eat your golf balls (more on that later!), and a whole lot of… well, Korat. It's not a secret society (as far as *I* know… wouldn’t that be wild?!), but it kinda *feels* like it. It's got this relaxed, off-the-beaten-path vibe. Like, you're not getting the glitz and glam of some of those swankier Bangkok courses. It's real, it's authentic, and honestly, it’s a breath of fresh, slightly humid, Thai air.

Okay, but is it *good* golf? Like, worth the trip? And how are the greens? Because greens can make or break a golfer, you know?

Look, I’ll level with you. My short game is, shall we say, *developing*. But even *I* can appreciate the quality of Korat's greens. They’re usually pretty darn decent, well-maintained considering the price point. Sometimes they’re lightning fast, other times…well, let’s just say they’re a little more…Asian. They roll true most of the time, and honestly? For the price, it’s a steal. The course itself is challenging but fair. Some holes are a bit of a head-scratcher (I’m looking at *you*, Hole 11!), but that's part of the fun, right? It's the kind of place where you can have a disastrous round, and still leave smiling because the atmosphere is so chill. And the staff is usually extremely friendly, always greeting with a beaming "Sawasdee khrap/kha!" which is always a plus.

What kind of "resort-y" stuff is going on there? Are we talking five-star luxury, or...?

Five-star? Honey, no. But let's be honest, who *really* needs five stars when you have a beautiful course, great food, and friendly people? The accommodations are comfortable, no frills, and affordable. Think cozy bungalows, maybe a TV that *mostly* works (hey, you’re in Thailand!), and air conditioning that’s a lifesaver in the heat. There's a pool, which is divine after a round. And the restaurant serves up some *amazing* Thai food! I had the best Pad Kra Pao (holy basil with minced pork) of my life there. Seriously. I might have gained five pounds just thinking about it just now. It's more about relaxed charm than Buckingham Palace-level opulence. And honestly? That's a *good* thing. I can never stress that enough.

Let's talk about the food. Is it all, you know, watered-down tourist food? or is there some real Thai goodness to be found?

Oh, the food! This is where Korat really shines. Forget your bland chicken fried rice of yesteryear, the stuff here is authentic, flavorful, and seriously addictive. Yes, there are some Western options if you *absolutely* must, but trust me, dive into the Thai menu. The Pad Kra Pao I mentioned before? Order it. The tom yum soup? Absolutely. The green curry? Oh, yes. And the portions are generous, the prices are incredibly reasonable, and the staff is always happy to make recommendations and cater to your spice level (or lack thereof). I vividly recall ordering a papaya salad that nearly rendered me speechless from the sheer deliciousness and the fiery heat! It wasn't a waterfall of spice, it was an experience. A *glorious* experience. Just be prepared to sweat a little (in a good way).

Is it easy to get to? Because I'm not exactly Bear Grylls with a compass...

Getting there... hmm. It depends on your fortitude and sense of adventure. It's not *right* in the city center of Korat. You'll likely need a car, taxi, or maybe a songthaew if you are feeling brave. From Bangkok, it’s a road trip. You could take a bus, a train, or hire a private transfer. I once attempted the train… let’s just say Thai railways are not known for their punctuality! Be prepared for a bit of a journey, and maybe download some podcasts or a good book to keep you entertained. But let me tell you, as soon as you're teeing off on that first hole, all that travel melts away. I highly suggest some pre-trip planning and booking transport ahead of time.

Okay, spill the tea! What's the *worst* thing about Korat Country Club? Be honest!

Alright, this is where I get real. The *worst* thing? Hmm... Okay, it's not *terrible*, but it might be the occasional... slow pace of play. Especially at weekends. Seriously, sometimes you're waiting on other groups for an eternity. Bring some snacks, a good book, and maybe even a deck of cards to pass the time. And like I mentioned before, my biggest gripe, that *one* water hazard on the back nine. It *eats* golf balls. I swear, it's a black hole with a deceptive surface. I could have paid for a whole extra round from the balls I lost there! And let's be realistic, sometimes the bathrooms could use a little... upgrading. And sometimes you'll be swarmed by mosquitos. Pack some repellent. But the issues are small! It's honestly not bad.

Tell me more about *that* water hazard. Don't leave us hanging!

Ugh, the water hazard. Hole 15, I think it is? It’s not the size of it, it's the *deception*! It’s like the Venus flytrap of golf course features! It *looks* innocent enough. A seemingly placid stretch of water, reflecting the sun, lulling you into a false sense of security. You think, "Ah, I'll just clear that with a nice, easy five iron..." Wrong! Terribly, horribly, wrong! I swear, the way that water *eats* golf balls is a sight to behold. They just *vanish*. Like they've been sucked into the abyss! I've lost so many Titleists to that watery grave. My swing has a slight "slice" and the water... well, let's just say it's a hungry fan of my golf ball collection. It's a rite of passage, a test of character. And it's a testamentHotel Search Trek

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand

Korat Country Club Golf and Resort Nakhonratchasima Thailand